Sunday, August 20, 2017

Cooling Down!

Hello friends and family! It`s Sister Dimmitt! It`s FINALLY starting to cool down!!! So happy!! 

My week has been going pretty good. I feel like God has been giving me a little bit of humor recently. One day, we were dendoing, and this guy opens the door in nothing but his whitie tighties. I was rather flabbergasted and didn`t know whether to run, tell him to put pants on, or keep dendoing. So I kept dendoing. And then he started to laugh at me! I was mortified, so I just gave him a flyer and booked it.

For P-Day we went to this famous street in Okinawa called Kokusaidouri. Literally International Street. There were all sorts of cool things there, including a interactive flat screen TV that you could fight people on. Way fun. Today we`re going to a castle! 

This week has been crazy busy, fairly normal, but busy. This week I had the opportunity to go on splits with Page Shimai once again! It was weird dendoing with her, but it felt normal at the same time, and was way fun. We found a Korean tteokbokki place, and ate tteokbokki (spicy Korean rice cakes, also known as happiness).  

The ward is great. Everyone is so kind here. There`s like a hundred members. They love the missionaries! We eat with members at least once a week here, which is much more than Maebaru. We also get referrals from them like all the time! 

Now that I`m thinking about it, there actually wasn`t a whole lot that happened. Unfortunately. Gomen ne.

Having the Spirit with me is something that has become part of my every prayer. If I don`t have the Spirit, I can`t teach or do anything, so I humble myself right away, repent, and pray like it`s my last prayer for the Spirit.  My companion has been a little stressed out recently, and yesterday she seemed a little grumpy. I was wondering what I should do, ask her about it, or what. I felt to tell her just that I loved her. So I did, and she softened right away. I haven`t had any large experiences recently, just small things like that that really help.

But this week something I`ve been thinking about has been the tender mercies that God places in our paths. Things really small, like a sweet grandma, or some gorgeous flowers, or seeing the sea, or having really good contacts. The Lord is really aware of us and our own circumstances. The Lord gives us things to get through every day, and when we pray to him for help and strength, we can really get it. I know because being a missionary is one of the hardest things I`ve ever done, but the Lord has been with me every step of the way. 

Anyways,enjoy the pics! Love you all!! 

Dimmitt Shimai 

1. Kokusai Dori 
2. Fight!
3 and 4. Meals with Members! 
5. Tteokbokki with Page Shimai
6. Tacos







No comments:

Post a Comment