Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Biked Two Mountains . . .

Hello friends and family! Yup...yup, this actually happened. Or I tried to bike them at least. But anyways, that story will come up eventually. 

So this week has just been crazy. Like just crazy. This week I woke up with crazy hives all over, and had to go to the dermatologist to get drugs. During that time period we had two earthquakes. They weren't too big, so it was all fine, but it was a really weird feeling to have the sofa you're sitting on shake a little crazily. 

We had interviews with the mission president and zone conference this week as well! We had to take taxis in order to get to the other side of the island, so that was fun. It cost like $60 one way, so if I don't have to, will not be doing that in the future. But both were way fun. I got to play the piano for zone conference! 

So here's when it starts getting way cray. So Friday we had a dinner appointment with a member, and we were coming from another member's house from a lesson. So we first start with going down this crazy steep hill, then we started going up...and up...and up. The hills just kept getting steeper and higher. Eventually my comp and I weren't able to even get up the hills because they were so steep. I looked down and realized that we were at the top of a mountain, and couldn't help but laugh because of how crazy the situation was. That day we had also gone running up hills for morning exercise, so my legs were extra dead by the end of the day.

The next day the exact same thing happened, except for the person we were visiting wasn't there. Basically this is the sorest I've ever been on my mission. I like literally can't use my knees. 

But this week we saw a crazy miracle, all that came from service. The first week we were here, we were out dendouing and saw an old lady who was struggling with her trash, so we helped her, and started to talk to her. We left shortly, and then this week were dendoing near her house, and actually found her apartment! We started to talking, and then had a lesson, and now she's an investigator! All from service!  This is the first investigator I've had in a while, so it was really special. 

Anyways, sorry this was kinda long, but it's been a while! I love you all so much! 

Sister Dimmitt

1. Our beautiful church building
2. Pig face
3. Foot tan!
4. Blue Seal (famous Okinawan ice cream)
5. They don't use four in apartments!
6. So hot that we use wet hankies. 










No comments:

Post a Comment