Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Transferred to Okinawa!

Hi friends and family! Guess what? I got transferred! I'm currently on the beautiful island of Okinawa!!! 

So you know when I said I was hot before? So I was hot before, but here the humidity is like a whole other level. So it doesn't feel as hot, especially because there is a nice breeze going, but I look down at my arm and I'm sweating buckets!! Craziness! 

But besides the heat and the humidity and humongous bugs, it's gorgeous here. So many beautiful flowers blooming everywhere! The people here are so kind and sweet! There are these things called shisa everywhere. They're like lion dragon things, and they're supposed to protect the entryway of a house. I don't have any pictures of the normal ones, but I have a picture of a huge one! 

And I got a new companion! Her name is Yonei Shimai, and we were in the MTC together!! I love her to pieces, and we happen to be white-washing together!! So for those of you who don't know, white-washing is when you go into an area without any missionaries that have been there before, and basically start from scratch. To make matters better, we are also switching the area from elders to sisters!! It's gonna be a crazy transfer!! 

Also, even better, I got reunited with my trainer! Page Shimai is now my Sister Training Leader!! I'm so happy! 

Anyways, there's not a whole lot else to say, just happy!

愛してます! 

Dimmitt Shimai






No comments:

Post a Comment