Monday, August 14, 2017

Still Wet!

This might continue for a while. The subject line. Cause I'm pretty much soaked all the time. Anyways, hello friends and family! It's Sister Dimmitt! I've been on my mission for six months! I probably already announced that, but woohoo!

So like I legit just emailed because we had a temple p-day and went to the temple Friday, so not too much has occurred in that time span. Today is transfer p-day, so that's why it's been moved to Tuesday. Kinda weird. Still haven't been called yet, so I'm still not quite sure where I'm going or doing or whatevers. 

As far as interesting events, we ate lunch and studied in a laundromat yesterday. #ghettolife

But something that's been a lot on my mind recently has been diligence. This transfer has been really hard. Not gonna lie. We've not gotten a single investigator this entire transfer, and currently we have one who's not doing so hot. Something I think the Lord has been testing me on is if I really am in this or not. Will I still continue to work hard even if I don't see the blessings? Will I continue to be obedient if I don't  have hope that that can help me or the work in this area?

I related diligence, as well as faith to meringue. So in order to make meringue, you have to beat egg whites for a gajillion years until it turns into this fluffy foam that looks very much not like egg whites at all. Usually I use an electrical mixer, but because I'm on a mission, there is currently not one avaliable. So if I want to make meringue. I have to do it by hand with a whisk. Which takes five zillion years. And since I'm a weakling it hurts and takes longer. So you have to beat, and beat, and beat. And you feel like your arm will fall off, but you know that these slimy egg whites can turn into fluffy meringue because you've seen it before, and the recipe promises it will happen. And sometimes you have to take breaks because your arm hurts. But eventually, it turns foamier and foamier until you have beautiful stiff peaks of meringue.

Currently my arm hurts a lot, but because I've been promised by the recipe that I'll see the much desired stiff peaks of meringue, I'm still beating. My arm's gonna be real buff by the end of the mission.

That was a little dramatic, but not much else has happened, so there you have it! I'll attach some happier pictures at the bottom. Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and support. I really appreciate them. Every little prayer counts. I love you all!

愛してます!

Dimmitt Shimai

5. Squad Melon pan ice
4. My comps shoe tan line
3. District
2. Hakata Ramen!
1. Gion Matsuri! 






No comments:

Post a Comment